9.21.2009

...Reentry...

Reentry is interesting. Leaving one world, in a sense, and returning to another. Life is so different from here to there and back again.

While reentry is not easy, I welcome it. It is all a part of this life altering experience. I struggled yesterday with the thought of reentering my life. I was struck with new emotions and fear. I don't want to leave behind what I just experienced. I'm figuring out, by God's grace, how to move forward without abandoning all that the Lord did in me, all that I experienced and all that I learned.

I don't really want to "reenter" as I think, to most of us, reentry means to readjust to life as usual; to the same way it was before. A return to what was normal. That is something I simply cannot do. There is a new normal now. There are higher standards to a specific calling. None of this has anything to do with me, really. I am not special. The calling on my life is not greater than anothers. I've said it over and over and over...there is only ONE special thing about me and that is that I am a daughter of the Most High King. Anything good in me comes from Him. Each of us has a calling on our life. A purpose. A plan. A conviction. This happens to be part of mine.

I believe my responsibilities have changed. Certainly I'm still responsible to love and serve my husband. I'm responsible to take care of him and to submit to him in our marriage. Serving the Lord and "wifing" Kevin are the greatest of my responsibilities at this point in my life. I'm honored and blessed to have those as my priorities :) And yes, I'm responsible to my other relationships with family and friends; to love, support, encourage, bless and minister. Of course I will continue my commitment to our church and my job; striving to be diligent and hardworking with the utmost of integrity. However, I do feel responsible to make specific changes to my life as well. I am now responsible to do my part to fight human trafficking and child exploitation. I am responsible to continue ministering in India and sharing the Gospel with prostitutes & orphans; showing love, compassion, grace and acceptance. I am responsible to spread the word and share my experiences with churches and organizations here, in America.

Do I have this all figured out? No. Will I struggle? Yes. Can I do it? Only through Him. None of this for my own glory but for the glory of the Lord. My glory is in Him alone.

I suppose I have, in fact, reentered. I've reentered with a new sense of purpose, focus and direction. My vision and strength will come from Christ and I will do my very best to humbly serve my gracious King.

1 comment:

  1. i got chills as i read al your blog entries! what a precious trip. so excited for you. praying for you friend. i hope we get to make this trip together someday! love.

    (ps are you on facebook?)

    ReplyDelete