5.27.2009

Ask & Wait...

I prayed for almost 1 year that the Lord would provide an opportunity for me to go to India in order to serve. I felt desperate, really. I kept saying, over and over, "I have to get there, I just have to get there". I was often overcome by the butterflies in my stomach as I sat thinking about when and how said opportunity would present itself. I googled my eyeballs out researching different ministries until I felt the Lord say "ASK and WAIT". Ask & wait??? What does that mean? Ask & wait??? Apparently it means just what it sounds like. Ask & wait.

So I asked and waited...this is how it played out...

I asked my uncle, who has traveled to India many times, if he had any trips planned in the near future...his response was no but that he and my aunt had a dear friend who was involved in an incredible ministry in India and they would introduce us. Then I waited and we met. I wonder if they knew how huge of an impact this introduction would prove to have on my life. Kaytie works for India Partners (a Christian ministry) and has an enormous amount of passion for India. She's a faithful, strong, courageous woman of God. I admire her in such a way. We met in a Starbucks and I felt the most incredible connection to her as she shared with me her love for India. Could someone feel about India the way I feel?? This woman is PASSIONATE about India. I cried and was overcome as she told me about all the Lord is doing in India. And then...then...she invited me to go with her in September of 2009. SHE invited ME. I almost wasn't able to drive home. I raced home to Kevin and exploded with the incredible stories and information Kaytie shared with me!! I was a disaster...excited, nervous, emotional!! Was this THE opportunity the Lord had provided? It was.

Kevin and I spent the next few days praying and praying. We were driving to work one morning, in the midst of rush hour traffic, and I asked him if he thought I should go. My blessed husband said he was certain the Lord had made it clear that it was time for me to go...finally time.

And so...I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment