5.05.2009

Purpose

I believe each of us has a purpose. While I have not always been committed to fulfilling the purpose God has for me, I definitely believe He has always had one in mind. 

As mentioned in the description of my blog, I was born in Calcutta, India. I was abandoned in the slums that over populate this city and eventually taken to a local orphanage. I lived the first 3 months of my life in this orphanage and was then adopted by Christian parents dedicated to serving the Lord and raising their children to do the same. I firmly believe I have the family God always intended me to have. I don't believe I was lucky. I don't believe I was unlucky. Life is not perfect but I believe there is always a purpose. 

What is my purpose? I'm not entirely sure I could give a thorough answer that I would believe to be completely accurate. The truth is that I don't know the details of the purpose of my life and how they will play out day by day. What I do know is that the Lord blessed me with a powerful testimony and much more than I deserve. I know that the foundation of my purpose in this life will be to walk with the Lord and to minister to those around me on a daily basis.

Over a year ago the Lord laid India on my heart. I knew He had a purpose in mind but I wasn't clear what exactly it was. I decided to pray and to learn as much about India as I could by watching documentaries, reading books, listening to music, watching movies, reading articles...etc... I tried to get my hands on everything possible that had anything to do with India. A few months ago the Lord made it very clear to me that He wanted me to go to India to minister. I had no idea how He would make that happen but continued to pray. Through a series of connections, which I'll elaborate on later, I was introduced to an incredible woman who is leading a team to India in September of 2009. She invited me to come and now I know that this is a purpose God wants me to fulfill. I'm excited and terrified but, most of all, I'm certain this is the path the Lord wants me to walk down and I'm committed to setting my fears aside and following through. ...r...

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to join you in this journey! I will be praying for you as the months come!!!!

    ReplyDelete