7.06.2009

...Patience...

When I was little my mom used to sing this song to me and my brothers...

"Have patience, have patience. Don't be in such a hurry. Have patience, have patience. You tend to start to worry. Remember, remember, that God is patient too and think of all the times that others had to wait for you."

As you can imagine this song used to infuriate my brothers and I ;)

I've been thinking about patience lately and my lack of it. I leave for India in 60 days. I am anxious, excited, nervous and IMPATIENT. I just want to get there already. However, I believe that every day leading up to September 4th is another day and opportunity for me to prepare myself spiritually, another opportunity for Him to refine me and, most of all, another opportunity to minister wherever I am. I believe that every day matters; all 60 minutes of every hour and all 24 hours of every day. As I've said before, I believe God is a God of purpose. He is deliberate. India is not my only opportunity to minister and serve. Each day I have the incredible opportunity to minister to my family, friends, co-workers and strangers. Every day matters.

I'm convicted.

I want every day of my life to be purposeful and deliberate.

I choose to start today. Today I choose to be patient and to see what is right in front of me right now.

Of course India is going to be on my mind every day, however, MINISTRY is what needs to be in the forefront of my mind. Ministry at the grocery store, in my office, with my family...etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment